- I watch the television news in the evening before serving and read the morning newspaper headlines that day. I also try to be online at 8.45am each week to keep up with community news.
- Before logging on I say the words 'May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be now and always acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and redeemer.'
- Obviously, you need to watch for new people coming online while listening to a person speaking. Try to express empathy for a person's situation. For example, 'I am sorry you are unwell.'
- I try to have in mind something to ask if everyone goes quiet. The weather and pets are always a good topic.
- I have a clock in my sight and as it nears 9.00am, I check we have all the servers for that day online before handing over to the Leader.
If you are interested in giving being the HHO Welcomer a try, we would love to have you on board.